Grip-Tight Slipper Socks
by Carol R. Zentgraf Design & Editorial Services
- 1/2 yard Grip-Tight Cloth
- 1/2 yard faux fur or fleece fabric
- 1/4 yard faux fur for trim
- Purchased polar socks pattern *
- All-purpose thread to match fabric
- Basic sewing supplies and tools
* Green Pepper [ www.thegreenpepper.com ] pattern used for sample
Note: All seams are 1/4"-wide with right sides sewn together.
- Follow the pattern instructions to cut out the socks, substituting grip-tight cloth for one foot piece for each sock.
- Follow the pattern instructions to make the socks, constructing each foot with the fleece or fur on the inside and the grip-tight on the outside.
- To add the trim to each sock, measure around the top edge and add 1/2" for a seam allowance. Cut a 3"-wide strip of faux fur in the determined length. Sew the short ends of the fur strip together. With right sides together, sew the fur to the top edge of the sock. Turn the remaining edge of the fur strip to the inside and slipstitch in place.
For diagrams and patterns please download the PDF instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: We try to accurately represent the product colors on our website, but internet colors may differ from actual fabric color. Please request a sample to check actual color!