Embroidered Shoe Bags
by Carol R. Zentgraf Design & Editorial Services
Size: 10" x 16"
- 1/2 yard red Fiesta Muslin
- 1/2 yard 1/4"-wide ribbon
- Sulky Tear-easy stabilizer
- Amazing Design shoe embroidery design
- Threads: all-purpose sewing; rayon machine embroidery
- Safety pin
- From the muslin, cut four 11" x 17" rectangles.
- Hoop the stabilizer and the center of one fabric rectangle. Embroider the shoe design. Tear away the excess stabilizer.
- On the embroidered rectangle, use pins to mark a 1/2" opening for the casing on the right edge, 1" from the top. Using a 1/2" seam allowance, sew the embroidered rectangle to a second rectangle with right sides facing, leaving the casing opening unstitched. Turn right side out and press.
- To make the lining, sew the two remaining rectangles together, leaving a 2" opening in the bottom seam; do not turn.
- Place the embroidered bag front inside the lining, aligning the side seams. Sew the top edges together. Turn right side out through the opening in the lining. Slipstitch the opening closed. Place the lining in the bag and press.
- Stitch around the bag at the top and bottom of the casing opening.
- Attach a safety pin to one end of the ribbon and use it to pull the ribbon through the casing. Knot each ribbon end and tie together to close the bag.
For diagrams and patterns please download the PDF instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: We try to accurately represent the product colors on our website, but internet colors may differ from actual fabric color. Please request a sample to check actual color!