Waffle Cloth Dish Towels
by Carol R. Zentgraf Design & Editorial Services
For one dish towel and one wash cloth:
- James Thompson white Waffle Cloth: 19" x 26" rectangle for dish towel; 12 ½" square for wash cloth
- Cotton print fabric for borders: 9" x 19" strip for dish towel; 2" x 52" strip for wash cloth
- Matching sewing thread
- Iron and pressing surface
- Sewing machine
- To make the towel, sew the cotton print border strip to one short edge of the waffle cloth. Press the seam toward the cotton print. Press the remaining long edge of the cotton print rectangle under ½". Press the border strip in half with wrong sides together; the pressed-under edge should slightly overlap the seamline on the back of the towel. Topstitch through all layers, 1/8" from the top edge of the border.
- Finish the side and top edges of the towel with serging or zigzag stitches. Press the edges under ½". Topstitch in place 3/8" from the edges of the towel.
- To make the wash cloth binding, press the cotton strip in half lengthwise with wrong sides together. Open the fold and press the long edges to meet at the fold, with wrong sides together. Begin at one corner and wrap the strip around the edges of the waffle cloth square, mitering the corners, and pin in place. Sew in place close to the inside edge of the binding, being careful to catch the binding edge on the back of the wash cloth.
For diagrams and patterns please download the PDF instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: We try to accurately represent the product colors on our website, but internet colors may differ from actual fabric color. Please request a sample to check actual color!